Saturday, 21 February 2015

Cappucyclo 21.2.15

About a month ago, I received a request for designing a logo for a women's cycling club. The only requirements were that it should relate to cycling and having a cup of coffee. The name of the club wasn't even determined yet, so there was really a lot of artistic freedom.


After thinking on it a few days, I came up with "Cappucyclo", which is some kind of amalgamation of cappucino and cycling. The idea was to put a cappuccino on a bike, very similar to the Kroescontrol logo with a pint driving a car, which I made back in 2006. After the quick sketch above was approved by the cycling club, I made a colour version with my wacom bamboo fun tablet (1st gen), MyPaint and Krita. Below you can see an animation of the whole process, starting from the above sketches.


After they liked this as well, I decided to go for the best possible quality, and turned to vector graphics with Inkscape. The colour sheme was adapted to the colours in the cycling jerseys they were about to order, and here's the final result:


Enjoy those kilometres, ladies!
5 Bart Rogiers: Cappucyclo About a month ago, I received a request for designing a logo for a women's cycling club. The only requirements were that it should rela...

No comments:

Post a comment:

< >