After four years of hard work, I got to defend my PhD thesis on the 27th of November, in the STUK auditorium (http://goo.gl/u8W6tp; http://goo.gl/gGDuch). We organized a small workshop before the defence, in which several members of the jury got the opportunity to give a presentation to the audience that consisted of people from different Belgian universities, research institutes, governmental institutions and drinking water companies (http://goo.gl/m4z28R). Below you can find the available presentations, and some photos and video fragments of the PhD defence.
- Prof. Dr. Okke Batelaan: Hydrogeology of the Great Artesian Basin, Australia. Presentation
- Prof. Dr. Alain Dassargues: Hydrothermal characterization of an alluvial aquifer by heat and solute tracer tests.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Dietrich: Parameterization - an essential prerequisite for realistic model predictions. Presentation
- Dr. Matej Gedeon: Hydrogeological aspects of radioactive waste disposal. Presentation
Public PhD defence:
- Bart Rogiers: Multi-scale aquifer characterization: From outcrop analogue, direct-push and borehole investigations towards improved groundwater flow models. Presentation - Thesis