Sunday, 23 December 2012

Christmas card 2012 23.12.12


After the four #DigitalPainting101 homework assignments of +Daniel Ibanez I made, I thought it would be nice to have a kind of still life painting Christmas card this year. Moreover, with the new ubuntu and krita releases, it seems that krita has become compatible with my wacom bamboo fun tablet (1st gen; try to find the pen stand in the image above!), and so this was the ideal tryout for this new promising software, promoted a lot by +David Revoy.
Luckily I had bought some cards from a 11.11.11 volunteer, and our baubles were not hanging in our Christmas tree yet, so I made myself a little scene to paint:


I replaced two of the images on the card by my 2010 and 2011 Christmas cards. The result is shown on top of this page, and the speedpainting showing how I got there is displayed below. Happy holidays!

Speedpainting

5 Bart Rogiers: Christmas card 2012 After the four #DigitalPainting101 homework assignments  of  +Daniel Ibanez  I made, I thought it would be nice to have a kind of still ...

No comments:

Post a comment:

< >