Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Blue sky and flowers 14.12.11


I made some time to make the walls in our apartment less white; how else than adding some colourful flowers? Felt good to see some actual paint once more, after all these digital things I'm trying.. 

"Speedpainting"


Workflow


I have these carton squares lying around for maybe a few years already, waiting to get pinned down to a wall somewhere. So I started looking up some flower pictures at google images search, and found some inspiration here. I did a quick pencil sketch with the squares in their final position, and put them on this desk to start painting.


I blocked in the blue colours. Started at the top right, and moved towards the bottom left with a slight gradient towards lighter blue.


Did the greens of the stems, and went back with some lighter green for highlighting.


Started filling in the red roses, first with the lightest colours, afterwards with some more vibrant reds. Did the others in pink with some left-overs of my red paint.


Did the yellow parts of the flowers, and some more dark red and pink shading, and yellow highlighting of the stems.


Decided to augment the contrast a bit with some black strokes, mostly in the foreground.


Finished! Used some poster buddies to put them on the wall.
5 Bart Rogiers: Blue sky and flowers I made some time to make the walls in our apartment less white; how else than adding some colourful flowers? Felt good to see some ac...

No comments:

Post a comment:

< >